02 January, 2007

The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind

When I was teenager my favorite book and movie was The Tree Musketeers and D'Artanyan - means gentlemen, heroes, dignity and beautiful dresses along with the beautiful dames.
Later on as a young woman I fall in love with Gone with The Wind ( Link) and is still my favorite movie of all time. Last night while cruising trough the channels of Orbit I come across a very moving documentary on TCM (Link) , which is the home of films with outstanding films from all genres, tailor made documentaries and exclusive interviews with the biggest stars.
The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind is an insightful documentary charting the extensive production of MGM's classic romantic story set around the Civil War starring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh and produced by David Selznick. This is the movie that has won 7 Oscars back in 1939 and until now has topped all box offices of all times with the record profit of 840 Mil US $.
I guess there is no one who haven't watched or haven't heard of it.
Scarlet O'Hara (Link) is an inspiration even today - few senturies after her time.


To my surprise at the documentary she was called "bitch" by one of the women who commented on the movie and to some may pass as one, but to me she is exceptional mixture of feminism, shrewd cunning brain, strong character and all the rest. Reth Butler is dream of my heart - tall, dark, handsome, dangerous and generous, a man to dream for and rare to find now a day.

No comments: